Saturday, May 16, 2009

Kalbarri

Yesterday I headed up to Kalbarri (150km N of Gero) to go Kayaking which is something I have gotten into lately. I dragged along a pilot friend who I met on my trip to the islands. The kayak hire place was near the river mouth and you weren't allowed to paddle far up stream which is a shame. But we were able to paddle to the sand dunes over the other side of the river which separate it from the beach.
Later we found a secluded spot on the river, watched the clouds and the pelicans glide across the water, and played guitar. Then we headed to the pub to enjoy their gourmet vegi pizza!

1 comments:

Sueblimely said...

The last two images look like oil paintings - just beautiful. Wanted to stumble them but as there was no title to the post I could not get to the individual post page.