Wednesday, June 4, 2008

A comment was made that the lights on the roundabout should have solar panels instead of a diesel generator. I was thinking that, although this is a good idea, they would probably get stolen or vandalised.

Then yesterday between my work and the roundabout, appeared one of those signs which tells you how fast you are going (and if you are below the speed limit says 'well done'). And guess how it was powered - solar! It was one of those portable ones and had gone when I left work at 5.15, hopefully removed by its owners. When riding towards it, I did notice that it was displaying speeds even when no cars were passing. But maybe it was just me doing 56kph. Yeah right!

2 comments:

Jayne said...

Ahh, I didn't realise Broome is afflicted with the same sticky fingered louts.

LOL you were keen to get to work at 56 kph :P

Anonymous said...

You could beat the Pulsar at that speed - Is it a plane, is it a train, no it's Ultraviolet Superbiker!